Saturday, 1 October 2016

Venus anatomica design board

For the end of pitch and planning we had to pitch our project to some of the tutors, this meant creating a design board to convey our ideas about the project.

In the design board I have contained s small synopsis of the book, concept art for the book that I feel displays the overall tone, the most recent full body shots of the core cast, Colour and texture pallet, Fonts that may be used and artistic influences on the project.

Creating the design board was difficult for me with my eclectic style of working, I started with the concept art, choosing a mixture of older and newer artwork. Alongside it I had brought in Two moleskins that had some of my writings about the characters, stories, and how the Venus world works and looks. With it I had brought a book with the same parameters that I would like to use to give a visual representation of what I would like to aim for.

I placed the current full body shots of the main cast, Shortly explained who they are and their positions in the story.

 Although the colour pallet may be subject to change as I would like to emulate a risographed style, and colours may alter when I am doing splash pages on the risograph and I am limited to only what is available, these are the general colours I would like to be using on the digital aspects of printing the book. I am confident that I will be using the textures and fonts throughout the project.

Lastly my artistic reference's that give more understanding of what i would like to achieve with the project. The artists I listed are: Suehiro Maruo, Takato Yamamoto, Junji Ito, Daniel Clows, Charles Burns And Hirohiko Araki.
These are the Main artists that are informing my project in terms of both writing and drawing.

Overall I feel confident in my design board however I should of included more background, settings and props examples in hindsight, and in future work I will keep this in mind, and learn from this for future projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment